Advanced FE analysis is more detailed compared to analytical FE analysis. This five days course offers a more in-depth assessment of upheaval buckling in pipelines using Finite Element Analysis.
Who should attend :
- It is recommended that engineers who have already attended the Analytical Upheaval Buckling Corse should attend this course for better grasp of the subject.
- Engineers who have experience in FE analysis. (Engineers who have attended the Application of FE methods in Pipeline Engineering will benefit most from this course)
- Project managers and project managers working in the pipeline industry
- Theoretical concepts of Upheaval Buckling in pipelines.
- Out-of-straightness (OOS) survey of pipeline route, data collection and processing
- Survey Data smoothing
- Building Abaqus Global Model of pipeline
- Putting the pipeline on undulating seabed
- Extraction of uplift force from the FE model and translating it into soil/rock cover height
- Running global model to examine if the soil/rock backfill cover height is sufficient
Special treatment of clay soil of low undrained shear strength
Handling soil slurry in pipeline trenches and how to incorporate slurry layer thickness in Global model
Importance of time in performing UHB analysis based on OOS survey result
Reporting of results suitable for use by rock/soil backfill contractor
Questions and answer
Conclusion of the session.